Friday and Saturday, March 9 and 10, 2018
Location: Concordia University Chicago, 7400 Augusta Street, River Forest, Illinois
Times: Convening Friday 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (President’s Reception immediately following) and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The LCMS Northern Illinois District will be electing a new president on March 9, 2018, in its first order of business at the 2018 NID Convention. The nomination process opened on April 1, 2017. A candidate for district president is nominated by an official vote of a congregation in the district. An ordained minister must be nominated by at least five congregations to be eligible for the ballot.
But that’s just one of many offices that will be filled at the 2018 NID Convention. Find all forms and descriptions for nominating ordained ministers, commissioned ministers and lay members of NID congregations to various positions below. The nomination process ends September 30, 2017.
Delegate selection also begins now. The convention delegates are one called pastor and one lay member selected by each district congregation. Delegates may be submitted up until the convention, but congregations are asked to complete this process by September 30, if possible.
Everything congregations need for convention preparation to make nominations, select delegates, submit overtures, etc., is posted here now. Later in the year, the convention workbook, candidate biographical information, and other updates will appear here as they become available. Please check back.
The following is linked for you in preparation for this convention:
- Cover letter from Rev. James Kellerman, NID Secretary, with instructions
- Checklist for congregations
- Convention timeline for congregations
Nominations and Overtures:
- Online Nomination Form for President, Vice President, and Circuit Visitor
- Online Nomination Form for NID Secretary, NID Board of Directors, Concordia University Chicago Board of Regents and NID Nominations Committee
- Elected Position Descriptions
- Online Overture Form – submit your overtures to convention using this form –
- View Sample Overture for General Use
- View Sample Overture for Splitting Circuit for Visitation Purposes (for those circuits discussing splitting into two visitation circuits)
Use these lists below for 2018 circuit/region membership
The lists below will show you the circuit and region a church worker or congregation will be in when the new triennium begins, June 1, 2018. These will assist you in nominating for the 2018 Board of Directors, Vice Presidents and Circuit Visitors (pastor lists are tentative based on their current situation). Anyone nominated must be a current member of an NID congregation.
- Congregations listed by 2018 circuits/regions
- Pastors listed by 2018 circuits/regions
- Pastors listed alphabetically with their 2018 circuit/regions
Some of above forms are submitted online. If you have trouble with forms, please contact Ronda Wilmot in the president’s office or call 708-449-3020.
Delegate information (PDF to print and return with signatures):
- Voting Delegate Form (A) for Pastoral, Lay and Alternate delegates
- Characterization of Voting Delegate Form (C) for selecting floor committee members
- Advisory Delegate Form (B) for all commissioned and non-voting ordained
- Convention Payment Form for those who attend (mail a check payable to NID LCMS or use credit card fill-in option on combined form, or pay online at link below)
- Combined delegate forms – all above in one PDF
Above delegate forms should be sent to the district office: NID LCMS, 2301 S. Wolf Road, Hillside, IL 60162. Forms also may be faxed to 708-449-3026, or scanned/emailed to the president’s office. Signatures are required, so if you are unable to scan them, please mail or fax them.
Deadline for all of the above (nominations, overtures, delegate selection) is September 30, 2017.
For convention overnight stays:
When you are ready to make convention hotel reservations, you may wish to use these hotel accommodations that have been reserved for the district:
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago – 200 S Mannheim Road, Hillside, IL 60162; 708-544-2700.
Room Rate: $107. per day + 12% tax. Please ask for room block “NID Convention.” All convention attendees are responsible for their own overnight accommodations.