UPDATE SEPTEMBER 11, 2020:
After consultation with the NID Presidium on concerns for health, safety, and COVID-19
restrictions, the 2021 Convention dates are being changed to
Friday and Saturday, July 30 and 31, 2021.
The venue for the convention has been changed as well.
The 2021 Convention will be held at
Trinity Lutheran Church, 405 Rush Street, Roselle, Illinois 60172.
The 60th Convention of the Northern Illinois District of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
Friday and Saturday, July 30 and 31, 2021
Trinity Lutheran Church
405 Rush Street, Roselle, Illinois 60172
Convening Friday 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The following information is for you in preparation for this convention
- Cover letter from Rev. James Kellerman, NID Secretary (Updated 9/14/2020)
- Checklist for Congregations (Updated 9/14/2020)
Nominations and Overtures
The nominations committee will ensure that all willing incumbents will be nominated for reelection, but each position is open to other candidates being nominated.
- Online Nomination form for NID Secretary, Board of Directors, Concordia University Chicago Board of Regents, Synod Nominations committee lay person and NID Nominations Committee To be completed and submitted online ONLY (updated 9/11/2020)
- Nomination form for President, Vice President, Circuit Visitor (updated 9/14/2020)
- Elected Position Descriptions
- Circuits and Regions – Use these circuits/regions to nominate for Board of Directors, Vice Presidents and Circuit Visitors
- Overture form (PDF format) (Updated 9/11/2020)
- Voting Delegate form for Pastoral, Lay and Alternate Form A (Print and sign) (Updated 9/14/2020)
- Advisory Delegate Form B – All commissioned and non-voting ordained (Print and sign) (Updated 9/14/2020)
- Characterization of Voting Delegate Form C (Updated 9/14/2020)
- Payment form for Advisory Delegates who attend Online payments
Online Nomination form for NID Secretary, Board of Directors, Concordia University Chicago Board of Regents, Synod Nominations committee lay person and NID Nominations Committee to be completed and submitted online ONLY. Please send all other forms to the District office, 2301 S. Wolf Road, Hillside, IL 60162. Forms may also be faxed to 708-449-3026, or scanned/emailed to email@example.com. Signatures are required, so if you are unable to scan them, please mail them in.
The deadline for all of the above (nominations, delegates, overtures) is February 26, 2021.
- 2018 Convention Resolution 2-07
- Task Force on Stewardship of District Resource Report March 14, 2020
All email inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Delegate Processing: Sue Green 708-223-3116
Nominations/Overtures: Michelle LaVelle 708-223-3101
Advisory Delegate Payments: Lori Trinche 708-223-3105
Should it be necessary, October 8 and 9, 2021, have been blocked as alternate dates for the 2021 Convention with it continining to be held at Trinity Lutheran Church, Roselle.
The Church at her best is richly and fully in the Word of God. There is a union between the Word, Centered in Christ, and the work of the Holy Spirit. Our life together, life with God and place in the community is formed by Christ’s Word. No wonder the Lord wants His Word to “dwell in us richly.” Martin Luther said, “The Scripture is all Christ.”
What does it look like when the word of Christ dwells in you richly?
Grace produces gratitude. Then comes generosity. What you’ve received, you share. You have an open posture toward others. God’s words surround and clothe you. You look more like Christ in that you share with others compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, forgiveness, and love.